Factors that may lead to enlarged pores include:
- Increased sebum production
- Hair follicle size
- Use of comedogenic products
- Loss of skin elasticity with age
- Sun damage.
Acne is associated with enlarged pores — when sometimes open comedones (blackheads) can be seen within a pore. Inflammatory Acne may cause enlarged pores through weakening sebaceous gland and hair follicle openings, making them more prone to blockage.
Treatments that focus on preventing and shrinking large pores are not very effective. They include:
- Avoidance of skin creams that induce blackheads and whiteheads
- Weight loss (which is reported to reduce sebum production)
- Enzyme peels
- Balancing Bar by A Natural Difference
- Retinoxyl Elixir by A Natural Difference
Physical treatments targeting the sebaceous glands may help enlarged pores. These include:
- Metatherapy Nano Needling